- Source: Groupe Encore
- Relations de presse: Roy & Turner Communications, Janie Allard, firstname.lastname@example.org
Three years ago, François Rozon, founder of the company which is equally successful in television, live shows and international distribution, set up an innovative share purchase program to allow employees who wished to buy shares in the company to do so. On March 29, thanks to the invaluable support of the SODEC Banque d’affaires, the change in Encore shareholders was completed. Through this process, Julie Provençal, Groupe Encore President since last year, became the majority shareholder along with Patrick Lowe, Vice-President, Head of Content Production. As a result, 100% of the company now belongs to its employees:
Julie Provençal – President
Patrick Lowe – Vice-President, Head of Content Production
Louis Bolduc – Head, Television Production – Fiction
Patrick Leduc – Entertainment Agent
Chrystine Girard – Head, International Distribution
Jaime Alberto Tobon – Producer
Patrick Gérard – Director, Finance
Frédérique Traversy – Content Producer
Zita Lawson – Head Television Production – Documentary and Variety
Isabelle Thiffault – Producer
Emmanuel Reichenbach – Head Producer, Shows
Nathalie Granger – Content Analyst
Catherine Desgagnés – Director, Operations
Siham Boutaleb – Financial Analyst
François Rozon, Dominique Simard and Vincent Gagné will remain active within the Groupe Encore even if they are no longer shareholders: François Rozon in content development and management, Dominique Simard in international distribution and business partnerships, and Vincent Gagné, as producer.
“I am very happy to pass the torch to Julie, Patrick and my other brilliant, talented colleagues. They are creative, committed and motivated. I am extremely confident about the future,” said François Rozon.
“Encore is a team of people with integrity, who are passionate about what they do and who are driven by encouraging talent and creativity as well as creating quality content in a respectful, ethical manner. The goal for both Patrick and I is to always focus on the quality of our productions, both in live shows and television, whose popularity just keeps growing. Encore can capitalize on all its years of experience and resources while looking to the future to continue growing and innovating,” said the new President, Julie Provençal who has more than 20 years of experience in managing creative businesses.
Patrick Lowe has been working at Encore since 2015 and has held shares since 2017. A lawyer by training and prolific author, his works include the following titles: Bête noire, Les Argonautes, Mémoires vives et Prémonitions. “Since my first contact with Encore as an author, I felt that I had found a home. I am proud to have been associated since 2017 with this company founded by François Rozon which cares about its artists and their work.”
Groupe Encore would like to thank the Fonds Québecor and its Programme d’aide à l’exportation / bonus pour l’actionnariat au féminin de l’organisme which enabled three women to benefit from its financing to become shareholders.
- Major television hits: Les beaux malaises (47% ms) Léo, Lâcher prise, Boomerang, Les Pays d’en Haut, Fugueuse, Pour Sarah, Les bracelets rouges, Bête noire, etc.
- Well-known youth series: Six degrés, La vie compliquée de Léa Olivier.
- New upcoming series: La candidate, Les perles, Bête noire 2, etc.
- The production of a diverse palette of television genres: sketch comedies such as Club Soly, Martin Matte’s new talk show and new documentary series.
- More than 3 million tickets sold for shows by Martin Matte, Patrick Huard, Mario Jean, Claudine Mercier, Fabien Cloutier, Arnaud Soly, Gary Kurtz, Marc Messier, as well as for many successful plays.
- New artists and new productions in development: Marthe Laverdière, P-O Forget, Tommy Néron, Silence, on tourne!, Le Père and others to come.
- A major distribution catalogue in Québec with 35 titles from some ten producers.
- More than 158 of the most prestigious industry awards, including eight international awards.
Encore in numbers:
- 14 shareholders
- 23% of shareholders are women
- 69% of shareholders are from diverse backgrounds